Øster Farimagsgade 2A, 1353 København K, Bygning: 03-3-306
for Katrine Zeuthen
- 01.04.2012 and ongoing: Associate professor in Clinical Child Psychology at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC EDUCATION, POSITIONS AND ACEDEMIC AWARDS
- April 2009- april 2012: Assistant Professor and head of research programme at Department of Psychology at The University of Copenhagen with the programme: Development and Trauma: Development and evaluation of educational material for children and young people about boundaries, empathy, and sexuality. I personally received the funding of DKK 7.800.000 by the rate adjustment pool, The Ministry of Social Affairs. The clinical research project was carried out in collaboration with SISO, The Ministry of Social Affairs and Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen. My role was to direct the project, conduct the research, hire and supervise staff and finances. It was also my duty to identify the best qualified administrator and supplier for the dissemination and distribution of “Play Room”.
- December 2008: Qualified for position as Assistant Professor at DPU, Danish Educational University. Rejected the offer March 2009.
- September 2007-August 2009: Post-doc at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen with the project Child Sexuality and Child Sexual Abuse – How is development and trauma related? Grant DKK 1.380.000 from The Research Council for Culture and Communication. The project was carried out in cooperation with Copenhagen Child and Family Advice Centre, Sct. Stefan and SISO, Center of knowledge of Child Sexual Abuse under The Social Ministry
- September 2007: PhD from Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen with the thesis Love and Survival. On Child Sexuality and Sexual Abuse. The project was carried out in cooperation with The University Hospital Copenhagen’s special team for Child Sexual Abuse
- February 2003- January 2007: PhD-scholar at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen
- November 2002: Received the University’s gold medal for Master thesis and prize paper: Fantasy in Reality. On psychic reality, infantile sexuality, and seduction
- August 2002: The National Health Foundation Research Award for Master Thesis, DKK 250.000
- February 2002: Master in Psychology from Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen.
- April 2009-april 2012: Assistant professor at Department of Psychology at The University of Copenhagen directing the programme: Development and evaluation of educational material for children and young people about boundaries, empathy, and sexuality. Funded by The Social Ministry with a grant on DKK 7.8 million.
- September 2007-August 2009: Postdoc. at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen with the project Child Sexuality and Child Sexual Abuse – How is development and trauma related? Grant DKK 1.380.000 from The Research Council for Culture and Communication. The project is carried out in cooperation with Copenhagen Child and Family Advice Center Sct Stefan and SISO, Center of knowledge of Child Sexual Abuse, The Ministry of Social Affairs.
- February 2003- January 2007: PhD.-scholarship at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen.
CLINICAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Ongoing: The University Clinic, Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen, working with sexually traumatized children and their families. Supervision of psychology candidates.
- March 2007- September 2008: Copenhagen Child and Family Advice Centre.
- September 2001 – June 2004: Team against Child Sexual Abuse at The University Hospital Copenhagen.
- January 2005 – March 2010: Children’s Centre, Copenhagen.
- January 2002 – June 2004: Child and Family Centre, Copenhagen.
- Ongoing: In education and training as specialist and psychoanalyst in The Danish Psychoanalytic Society, component society of The International Psychoanalytic Society
- January 2009: Authorized as clinical psychologist by The Danish Psychologist Board.
SUPERVISION OF STUDENTS
- Ongoing: Supervisions of Master theses
- Ongoing: Clinical supervision
- Ongoing: Training of research assistents
- Spring 2010: Course in research training for master students
- January 2010-January 2011: Higher Education Teaching
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT EDUCATION
- 2009: Certified research project manager
- Child development, child sexuality, sexual trauma, prevention, assessment and education, clinical psychology, psychoanalysis, attachment, early disorders, trauma, child- and family therapy.
MEMBERSHIPS OF COMMITTEES, NETWORKS, RESEARCH GROUPS, CENTRES, PROGRAMMES
- Ongoing: Candidate member of Danish Psychoanalytic Society.
- Ongoing: Member of The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse. The aim of the network is to build up, consolidate and impart research in the field of child sexual abuse.
- Ongoing: Director of Center of Sexuality, Language and Gender
- Ongoing: Member of board of directors of Centre of Psychoanalysis at The Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen.
- Ongoing: Member of group for young research leaders by associate Dean Birgitte Sloth, Faculty of Social Sciences
- June 2010: Representing the University of Copenhagen in the working Party in the Ministry of Justice concerning the development of a new coordinated strategy preventing Child Sexual Abuse.
- September 2009 - December 2010: Member of an expert group in SISO, The Service Administration of the Social Ministry developing educational material about signs and reactions of Child Sexual Abuse.
- January 2009-December 2009: Member of the working party in The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse, working for the development of a Children’s Advocacy and Protection Centre in Denmark. My focus has been the establishment of a cooperation between such a house and The University of Copenhagen.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS, GUEST LECTURES, INVITED LECTURES, TEACHING
- Ongoing: Teaching MA-course in Cinical Child Psychology at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen
- Ongoing: Lecturing at BA and MA lectures in Clinical Psychology at Department of Psychology, University of Copenhagen
- Ongoing: Teaching MA-course in Sexology, Aalborg Universitet
- Ongoing: Teaching at “Sexologisk Klinik, Rigshospitalet, Det Sundhedsvidenskabelige Fakultet, Københavns Universitet in “Child Sexuality and Sexual Trauma” a specialist course for psychiatrists and psychologists training to become clinical sexologists.
- Ongoing: Lectures for SISO, The Ministry of Social Affairs as part of a national course for professionals working with children: Children’s sexuality and sexual abuse – development and trauma
- Ongoing: Yearly invited lecture at course in Basic and Cinical Sexiology at Department of Medicine, University of Copenhagen: Child sexuality and sexual trauma
- Ongoing: Yearly invited lecture with Consultant Pediatric Bodil Moltesen at specialist course in child- and adolecent psychiatry on Sexuality, Sex Education and Sexual Abuse
- Ongoing: Half yearly invited lecture for nurse students on Child sexuality and sexual trauma, Metropol, Copenhagen
- Ongoing: Underviser på politiets efter- og videreuddannelseskursus samt specialistkursus i Seksuelle overgreb mod børn. Day Courses for The Police Interrogation Group for child interviewing in court
- September 2014: What is prevention? Invited Workshop presentation atConference on Sexual Abuse against Children, Preventive Measures in the Nordic Countries, Reykjavik, Island
- August 2014: Sexuality between Phantasy and Reality - Parallel paper at XXIV Nordic Psychoanalytic Congress – the body in Psychoanalysis (Seksualitet mellem fantasi og realitet, foredrag ved den 14. nordiske psykoanalytiske kongress “Kroppen i Psykoanalysen”, Oslo 7.-10. August 2014).
- March 2014: Traces of the un-representable or the body locked by a lack of meaning, paper presentation by Katrine Zeuthen and Marie Hagelskjær at the conference “Representing the unrepresentable at Nordic Summer University, Copenhagen, Denmark
- March 2014. Børn og seksualitet i et psykoanalytisk perspektiv, foredrag i Psykoanalytisk Debat, Dansk Selskab for Psykoanalytisk Psykoterapi for Børn og Unge og Center for Psykoanalyse, Institut for Psykologi, Københavns Universitet
- January 2014: Børns seksualitet. Foredrag ved konference: Den største frygt, om pædofiliskræk og forebyggelse af seksuelle overgreb, V. Peter Skaarup, Generator
- November 2013: Presentation of the use of Play Room and Theory of Infantile sexuality in relation to interviewing children in cases of child sexual abuse, Kripos, Rigspolitiet i Oslo
- October 2013: Forførelse og fravær – Infantil seksualitet, udvikling og traumer. Kursusdag for Psykologgruppen i Næstved kommune med Martin Morsing
- October 2013: Infantile Sexuality and sexual trauma, Invited paper at NACS, Nordic Association of Clinical Sexology, Conference in Ålborg, Denmark.
- June 2013: Teaching specialist group SISO, The Ministry of Social Affairs on prevention of child sexual abuse.
- June 2013: Child Sexuality. Invited talk at Conference on Pedophilia and child day-care arranged by Generator, Per Straarup
- April 2013: Lecture at Psychiatry Week, arranged by the Psychiatry Fund in Denmark
- April 2013: Teaching specialist group SISO, The Ministry of Social Affairs on Child sexuality and sexual trauma and prevention.
- April 2013: Lecture at conference arranged by SISO, The Ministry of Social Affairs on Dialogue and Prevention
- January 2013: Lecture on Child Sexuality for Livsmod, Professional Network
- January 2013: Talk at conference in SUMH (Sammenslutningen af Unge Med Handicap) on Disabled Children and Sexuality
- January 2013: Invited teacher at one-day course for 200 child nurses from Copenhagen Municipality on Child Sexuality
- December 2012: Seduction Between Phantasy and Reality: Traumatizing Phantasies Parallel paper session at University College London’s 2012 conference Unconscious Phantasy Today
- November 2012: Forførelse og fravær – Infantil seksualitet, udvikling og traumer. Kursusdag for Psykologgruppen i Holbæk Kommune med Martin Morsing
- September 2012: Child- and Adolecent Psychiatric Centre, RegionH, Assessment of CSA
- June 2012: Inviteret 1. taler til Temadag i Børn og Familie, Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune ”Hvilke signaler er vigtige at kende, og hvorfor er de så svære at se?”
- Marts 2012: Heldagsseminar i Holstebro Kommune om Børns seksualitet og krænkelser
- January 2012: Host at conference “Play room – research, results, evaluation and future perspectives” inviting all participants in the research project Play Room.
- November 2011: Invited key note speaker with presentation of research and educational material Play Room at National Conference on Sexual Health
- September 2011: Talk at Vadgård district On child sexuality, trauma and prevention
- September 2011: Invited opening paper at Conference arranged by The National Research Network Against Child Sexual Abuse: Presentation of the educational material “Play room” as Prevention
- May 2011: Child sexuality and sexual trauma. Invited talk at Fyn, The Pschotherapeutic Work Group
- May 2011: A day course teaching Viborg Region On Trauma, Treatment and Prevention
- March 2011: A day course teaching Guldborgsund Region on Sexuality, trauma and treatment
- January 2011: Århus Network against abuse and professional network for sexual health: Child sexuality and sexual trauma
- October 2010: TeachingGladsaxe Municipality’s family Department on Child sexuality and sexual trauma
- October 2010: Teaching medical students at Århus University on child seksuality and sexual trauma
- May 2010: Invited opening paper: Where the wild things are and where the wild things can go. At Nordic Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect. In Copenhagen: Society in Change. Children and Young People Caught in the Middle
- April 2010: Invited paper: Sexualized relating?. at conference On Prevention and Treatment of Child Sexual Abuse. 4th National conference by The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse
- March 2010: Presentation of research project Sexualized relating at Sct Stefans Rådgivningscenter, Copenhagen Municipality
- March 2010: Invited paper with Judy Gammelgaard:Confusion of Tongues. On the Question of the Origin and Character of Infantile Sexuality at conference: Passion, Love and Sexuality in Psychoanalysis. European Psychoanalytic Federation
- November 2009: Invited talk at Slagelse Municipality Conference: Child sexuality, trauma, and prevention
- November 2009: Teaching Frederiksberg Municipality’s Familiy Department: Child sexuality, trauma, and treatment
- Sebtember 2009: Supervising Albahus, a voluntary centre working with child sexual abuse Unit
- July 2009: Paper with Judy Gammelgaard:Confusion of Tongues. On the Question of the Origin and Character of Infantile Sexualityat Conference: Perspectives onChild Psychoanalysis Today at University College London Psychoanalysis
- May 2009: Teaching Århus Municipality on Child sexuality and sexual trauma
- April 2009: Teaching The Child Protection Ward at University Hospital Skejby on child sexuality and sexual trauma
- February 2009: Teaching The Family Advising Centre, Sorø Muncipality on child sexuality and sexual trauma
- September 2008: Child sexuality and sexual abuse. Invited lecture at The Royal National Hospital’s Team for Sexually Abused Children for Pediatrician’s Network concerning the assessment and treatment of children exposed to sexual abuse
- May 2008: Conference paper and administration of panel: Is it professional to doubt? at conference arranged by The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse
- April 2006: Invited lecture at The Royal National Hospital: Attachment, infantile sexuality and sexual abuse
- January 2006: Conference presentation with Dr. Christian Graugaard at conference arranged by The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse
- May 2005:Conference presentation: Child sexuality, fantasy and reality at conference arranged by The National Research Network against Child Sexual Abuse
- March 2005: Child Sexual Abuse. Conference presentation at the annual meeting in Danish Psychologist Association with associate professor Helmer Bøving Larsen.
- Zeuthen, K. Interview til artikel Børns Seksualitet i Børn og Unge 15, 4. september 2014, 45. årgang, Bupl. dk
- Zeuthen, K. (ongoing): udarbejdelse af dokumentarfilm om børns seksualitet i samarbejde med Feldballe film and Production
- Zeuthen, K. (2013) Interview d. 9. januar i TV2 News Kulturen direkte.
- Zeuthen, K. (2013): Interview i Politiken d. 13. januar 2013: Den seksuelle begynder ved puslebordet.
- Zeuthen, K. (2012): Interview på p1 vedr. forebyggelse af seksuelle overgreb.
- Zeuthen, K. (2012): Interview til BUPL og Socialpædagogernes tidsskrift Vera.
- Zeuthen, K. (2012): Direkte interview 29. marts i TV2 News vedr. domsfældelse i en stor sag om seksuelle overgreb mod børn.
- Zeuthen, K. (2012): Interviewet til ”Mors og fars blinde øje”. Dokumentar vist på DR1 torsdag d. 22. marts.
- Zeuthen, K. (2011): Interview i Dagbladet Information Weekend 21.-22. maj 2011: Også børn har en seksualitet (Interview in national newspaper)
- Zeuthen , K. (2011): Interview i TV2 News Bornholm September 2011: Svært at opdage misbrug (Interview in Local TV)
- Zeuthen, K. (2010-11): Professional advisor for the play ”Labyrinten” by Thomas Levin autumn/spring 2010-2011
- Zeuthen, K. (2009c): Normalitet skal læres.Artikel i fotomagasinet Filter. (Normality must be taught. Article in foto magazine).
- Zeuthen, K. (2009b): Interview in Godmorgen Danmark March 2009: ”Om Fritzl-sagen”. (interview In National TV)
- Zeuthen, K. (2009a): Interview in Fyens.dk, march 2009: ”Fritzl børn skal altid beskyttes”. (Interview in internet newspaper)
- Zeuthen, K. (2008): Børns seksualitet og seksuelle overgreb. Er det professionelt at være i tvivl? Magasinet Humaniore 10. september 2008. Forskningsrådet for Kultur og Kommunikation. (Child Sexuality and Sexual Abuse. Is it professional to doubt? In magazine for research Counsil for Culture and Communication).
- Zeuthen, K. (2005): Feldballe, N. (producer), D. Lind (tilrettelægger) og L. Johansen (producent) Zeuthen, K. , Red Barnet v. K. Sørensen og V. Jones: Den svære vej fra mistanke til dom. To film og et debathæfte om seksuelt misbrug af børn. (The Difficult Path from Suspicion to Conviction. Two films and a discussion booklet on child sexual abuse).
- Zeuthen, K. (2003): Barnets virkelighed, Sygekassernes Helsefonds Årsskrift maj 2003. (The Child’s Reality. An article following the research prize from The National Health Fond).
- Zeuthen, K. (2002): Interview in Helse 12/2002: ”Seksuelt misbrugte børn. Løgn og sandhed”. (Interview in magazine)
- Zeuthen, K. (2002): Interview in Børn og unge 50/2002: ”Seksuelle overgreb - Børn lyver ikke”. (Interview in magazine)
Cand. Psych. Ph.d.